The Lower Columbia Solutions Group (LCSG) met in May 2018 to review findings and lessons learned from disposal projects, discuss emerging issues, and make informed decisions for future efforts. Among meeting goals, the following outcomes were designed to help guide the agenda:
- A clear understanding of the expected benefits and risks of sand placement
- Defined pathway to having sediment placed at the North Head site (WA)
- Serious consideration of on-shore placement at Benson Beach (WA)
- Identified modeling needs to enable ongoing placement at the South Jetty site (OR) and future placement at the North Shore and on-shore sites (WA)
- Outlined plan for future deposition and monitoring in the near shore at north and south of the Mouth of the Columbia River
The workshop resulted in an roadmap toward implementation of the beneficial use program.